What Is the 2020 Census?
The 2020 Census counts every person living in the 50 states, District of Columbia, and five U.S. territories.
Participating in the census is required by law, even if you recently completed another survey from the Census Bureau. A complete and accurate count is critical for you and your community, because the results of the 2020 Census will affect community funding, congressional representation, and more.
The count is mandated by the Constitution and conducted by the U.S. Census Bureau, a nonpartisan government agency. The 2020 Census counts the population in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and five U.S. territories (Puerto Rico, American Samoa, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands). Each home will receive an invitation to respond to a short questionnaire—online, by phone, or by mail. This will mark the first time that you will be able to respond to the census online.
Save the date! April 1, 2020 is Census Day! Each and every person living in Hoffman Estates is important and you deserve to be counted.
Why is the Census Important To Hoffman Estates?
The 2020 Census will be here before we know it! Getting an accurate count is extremely important to you as a resident of Hoffman Estates and to us as a local community. Accurate counts will ensure we have enough Federal and State resources to cover the following:
- Enough representatives to support our Village in Springfield and Washington DC
- Funds to pay for police officers and fireman to protect our Village
- Money to help middle to low income housing communities
- Funds to support all residents if a large disaster or emergency hits our Village
- Funds to help provide PACE bus services in the Village
- Money to help families pay for counseling, job coaching, emergency utility payments, basic medical needs, etc.
- Funds to help build and maintain quality schools for enough children
- Resources help businesses open up their stores in the Village
- Funds to help our seniors and people with disabilities
- Money to fix roads and sewers, provide snow removal and maintain local parks
Where Can I Find More Information About the Census?
You can find additional information here: Census 2020
Can I Work For the Census Bureau?
Yes! The Census Bureau is hiring for thousands of positions. Hours are flexible and hourly pay is extremely competitive. To apply for a job with the Census visit: Work for the Census