Important Notice:

Village Hall remains closed on Saturdays until further notice. 


Many Hoffman Estates restaurants are open! Please click here for a list of restaurants open during COVID-19


In accordance with the state's Restore Illinois Plan, temporary outdoor dining requires Village approval. Please click here for more information.


Permit Information

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Block Party Applications
Hydrant & Tanker Permits
Right of Way Permits

Block Party Permits
Block Party applications are coordinated through General Government. If you require barricades for your block party, please contact the Public Works Department three business days prior to your event. Barricades may be picked up after 12:00 pm on Friday and must be returned the following Monday.

Block Party Application

Hydrant & Tanker Permits
The Village of Hoffman Estates will allow the usage of Village supplied water to companies/contractors who submit a hydrant or tanker application for approval.  Applications must be submitted one business day prior to date permit is needed. Completed applications may be faxed to (847) 490-6868 or emailed to

The company/contractor performing the work is responsible for all water usage charges according to the current year cost. Deposits are required for any/all hydrant meters, hydrant wrenches (if needed), and tanker water usage. Once the permit is issued, water may be obtained at the designated hydrant location on the permit. The permit must be on-site and available at all times for inspection.

Payment is due upon permit pick up. Payment may be made by credit card or check. Checks should be made out to Village of Hoffman Estates. If paying with a credit card, payments must be made at the Finance Window at Village Hall  (1900 Hassell Rd, Hoffman Estates),  a receipt must be provided at the Public Works Center upon permit pick up.

Permits, hydrant meters, and wrenches may be picked up at the Public Works Center located at 2305 Pembroke Avenue, Hoffman Estates during normal business hours, Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm.

Hydrant Permit (PDF)
Tanker Permit (PDF)
Fundraiser Hydrant Permit (PDF)  *

* Prior approval is needed to apply for a Fundraiser permit.

Right of Way Permits
No person shall construct any facility on, over, above, along, upon, under, across, or within any Village right-of-way without applying for a Right-of-Way permit from the Public Works Department. Contact the Public Works Department to begin the Right-of-Way permit application process.

Public Works Department - (847) 490-6800 -

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer