The Hoffman Estates Police Records Department is in charge of maintaining the police file system. Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 8AM to 4PM (except holidays) Phone: 847-781-2811. The Records Department also provides the following services:
You may obtain a copy of your crash report online through LexisNexis.
- You will need the date of the accident and report number.
- Conveniently and easily download the report.
- There is a fee for this service.
Police reports can be requested by submitting a F.O.I.A request online at: Freedom of Information Requests (FOIA).
- Due to the sensitivity, you may be required to prove your identity and physically pickup your request.
- Please allow 5 days for pickup.
- Please note that all police records are subject to the Illinois Freedom of Information Law and may have parts redacted.
- Free fingerprinting is available for people who live or work in the Village of Hoffman Estates only.
- Fingerprinting is offered on Tuesdays between 9:00 am - 11:00 am only.
- No appointment necessary.
Criminal Background Checks:
- Criminal background checks can be obtained through the Illinois State Police website, click here for details.
- The Hoffman Estates Police will only provide local background checks for Hoffman Estates current or past residences.
Maria Gerlach E-mail: Maria.Gerlach@Hoffmanestates.org