The Hoffman Estates Police Department tests for new Police Officers approximately once every two years. After qualifications are met and the successful completion of a series of tests, an eligibility list is made. This list is then used to hire new Police Officers. New Police Officers must then successfully pass a three month Police Academy and spend approximately three months with a Field Training Officer.
Salary range as of January 1, 2020 is $67,868.22.00 to $104,083.16 with excellent benefits. Immediate openings are projected.
Below are some of the qualifications required to be hired as a Hoffman Estates Police Officer:
- Citizen of the United States.
- Bachelor's Degree at the time of application.
- Eyesight shall be at least 20/20 corrected and may not be afflicted with color blindness or any other eye abnormalities at the time of offer of employment.
- Must be 21 years old and be under the age of 35, at the time of the last date for filing applications (06-06-18).
- A valid driver's license.
- No felony convictions.
The Village of Hoffman Estates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable Federal, State and local laws regarding employment.
To view current Police Officer Final Eligibility Register click here.
For further information as to what it is like to be a police officer, visit: discoverpolicing.org.