- Vaccinations (FLU VACCINES FOR CHILDREN WILL BE AVAILABLE IN OCTOBER)
- Adult Clinics (FLU VACCINES FOR ADULTS ARE AVAILABLE NOW BY APPOINTMENT)
- TB Tests
- Lending Closet
- Complete Lipid Profile
- Hemoglobin A1C Screenings
- Take Charge of Your Health
- Health Information (September is National Cholesterol Education Month)
- Vision and Hearing Screening
Two affordable child immunization clinics are offered each month at the Village Hall.
Hoffman Baby Clinic— October 8 by Appointment
(Shot records are due one week prior to appointment.)
Immunizations for children 2 months to kindergarten. Appointments are necessary. All communities welcome.
Children’s Clinic—October 7 by appointment
(Shot records are due one week prior to appointment.)
Immunizations for children 2 months to 18 years. Appointments are necessary. All communities welcome.
- Reservations for these clinics and pre-verification of insurance status is required. This will ensure that your child is eligible and will be seen in an efficient manner.
- Shot records are required in advance to make a reservation.
- To reserve your spot, please complete the VFC Patient Eligibility Screening Form & send shot records
Submit your child's shot records and VFC Patient Eligibility Screening Form: email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 847-781-4869
- Once we receive the documents and verify your child's eligibility, you will receive a phone call to schedule an appointment.
These clinics are intended for children who are uninsured, underinsured or who qualify for Medicaid Title 19. The cost for each vaccine is $12 for residents of Hoffman Estates, Schaumburg, and Arlington Hts. and $15 for all other communities (cash, check or Medicaid Title 19 accepted).
* HHS is proud to partner with the Villages of Schaumburg, Arlington Heights, and St. Alexius Medical Center to provide our Child Immunization Clinics. We would like to thank our partners for contributing nursing staff for these clinics.
Please call for an appointment and/or questions at 847-781-4850.
Health and Human Services now offers vaccines for $20 for eligible adults who are 19 years and older. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call Health and Human Services at (847) 781-4850.
Submit your shot records and 317 Adult Eligibility Screening Form: email email@example.com or fax 847-781-4869
- Once we receive the documents and verify your eligibility, you will receive a phone call to schedule an appointment.
Adult Health Clinics: Health Clinics are held weekly at locations around the Village and provide blood pressure monitoring, blood sugar, iron, non-fasting complete cholesterol (HHS and Prairie Stone locations), and nutritional consultation.
Tuberculosis testing is available at the Village Hall through the Department of Health and Human Services. The cost for this service is $15 for Hoffman Estates residents and $20 for all other communities. Appointments are required. Please call 847-781-4850. Please note: TB tests are administered on Mondays and results are read on Wednesday.
Health and Human Services loans out the following medical related equipment to Hoffman Estates Residents:
- Walkers (with or without wheels)
- Knee Scooter
Residents can have the equipment on loan for up to 8 weeks. A deposit of $50 is required for wheelchairs or knee scooter. The deposit is given back when the wheelchair is returned.
HHS does not loan out equipment to residents of other communities.
Complete Lipid Profile and Glucose Test
Health and Human Services offers a complete lipid profile and glucose testing. The Cholestech machine can give total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, Triglycerides and blood sugar within 10 minutes from a single drop of blood!
This service will be offered in Health and Human Services by appointment. Fasting 8-10 hours before the test is necessary to get accurate readings.
Please call 847-781-4850 for an appointment or to speak with one of the nurses. The cost of the test is only $22. Cash or Check only please.
The Hemoglobin A1C test is a simple finger stick to find out if you are at risk or have diabetes by measuring your average blood sugar levels over the past three months. The test takes 6 minutes and the cost is only $15.To schedule an appointment, call 847-781-4850.
This free, 6-week program is offered to seniors who have chronic health conditions, such as asthma, diabetes, arthritis, hypertension, or heart disease, or adults living with someone who has a chronic health condition. The program covers topics such as physical activity, sleep, weight management, and relaxation techniques. Class participants learn to use a variety of self-management tools. Trained facilitators are Catherine Dagian RN, from the Village of Hoffman Estates Health and Human Services, and Wayne Guccione. Registration is required. This program is sponsored by Age Options, the Illinois Department of Health, and the Village of Hoffman Estates. For questions about the program, call 847-781-4850.
Almost 1 in 3 adults in America have high cholesterol. Cholesterol is a waxy, fatty-type of substance that is found in your body as well as some foods that you eat. Too much cholesterol can build up in your arteries and put you at risk for heart disease and stroke.
Health and Human Services is offering a complete lipid profile for only $10 this month. This non-fasting CardioChek test requires a small drop of blood and includes a consultation with the nurse. Learn about desirable levels, foods, and lifestyle changes needed to get or keep your cholesterol levels in a healthy range. Walk-in clinic available in Health and Human Services on Tuesday, September 17th from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. For more information, call 847-781-4850.
· Vision and Hearing Screenings are required for 3—5 year old children who attend a preschool or daycare in Illinois.
· Vision and Hearing should be checked each year so that problems can be identified and treated early.
· Children can be screened by appointment at the Village of Hoffman Estates.
· Screenings are not a substitute for a complete eye or ear exam by a doctor.
· Cost is $5 per screening
Screenings are conducted by Illinois Department of Public Health certified audiovisual technicians from the Village of Hoffman Estates.
Attention Hoffman Senior Citizens!
Hoffman Estates seniors are welcome to take advantage of the services and programs offered at the Schaumburg Barn! Activities include a nutritious lunch program, bingo, sewing club, book club, health clinics, trips, and entertainment. The Barn is located at 231 South Civic Drive, Schaumburg. Call 847-524-7496 for more information. Please click here to view a current calendar of activities.
Health and Human Services Contact Information
Main Number: 847-781-4850
Monica Saavedra, Director: 847-781-4866
Audra Marks, Assistant Director: 847-781-4851
Cathy Dagian, Nursing Supervisor: 847-781-4864