Refuse and recycling changes due to COVID-19
Due to impacts from coronavirus (COVID-19), the following changes apply to Village refuse and recycling service. These changes are being made to protect the health and welfare of employees and the public.
Services may be further modified as the situation evolves, so please check our website and follow the Village on social media for the latest information.
- Effective the week of March 23, Simple Recycling is temporarily suspending its textile and small home goods recycling program. The suspension will be in effect until further notice.
- All SWANCC programs, including all electronics recycling drop-offs, are suspended until further notice.
- Effective the week of March 23, the following changes apply to Groot's weekly pickup service:
- All trash/refuse must be placed in a company-designated cart, a can with handles, or bagged. Recycling must be placed in a company-designated cart. Loose, uncontained items will not be collected.
- All bulky item/construction debris collection is suspended until further notice.
- All white good/e-waste collection is suspended until further notice.
- At this time, yard waste and recycling service are unaffected; however, we anticipate that there may be changes in the future.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding. Questions can be directed to the Village at 847-882-9100. Questions about Groot service can be directed to 800-244-1977.