The Village of Hoffman Estates' free curbside tree branch pickup program will begin Monday, Sept. 24. This program is for residents covered by the Village refuse collection contract. Routes and dates have been established for various sections of the community.
Only one collection pass will be made for each street. Please do not ask for exceptions.
If branches are too large, are mixed with unacceptable materials or have not been prepared properly, they will not be picked up.
Public Works crews WILL accept:
- Tree branches no larger than 8 inches in diameter or 10 feet in length
- Shrub trimmings and similar brush
- Branches from willow trees if separated from other materials
Public Works crews will NOT accept:
- Tree trunks, stumps or root balls
- Railroad ties or landscape timbers
- Lumber, fencepost or other wood objects
- Grass clippings, leaves, sod, plants or yard waste
On the first date of pickup listed for your area, neatly stack branches at curbside by 7 a.m. Face the cut ends toward the street. Please do not tie branches in bundles or place in any container. Do not allow branches to protrude into the street or block sidewalks.
While supplies last, free woodchips will be available to residents at the Village's vehicle maintenance facility, 2405 Pembroke Ave., during daylight hours after 3 p.m., Monday through Friday, and during daylight hours on weekends. Please bring your own containers.
If you have any questions or want to find out about free large truckload deliveries of wood chips, please contact the Public Works Department at 847-490-6800.
Click here (PDF) for the press release.