Northwest Celtic Festival
About the Northwest Celtic Fest
The Village is hosting its third annual Northwest Celtic Fest on Saturday, March 22, 2014, and you are invited to participate! The community is bursting out of the cold and into spring by celebrating its Celtic heritage at the Sears Centre Arena, located at the Poplar Creek at 59/90 Entertainment District near the intersection of Route 59 and Interstate 90. Entrance to this event is FREE to all of our festival guests.
More information on the Northwest Celtic Fest will be added to this page as it becomes available.
Click here (PDF) to download a flier.
Northwest Celtic Fest is proudly sponsored by:
Interested in volunteering throughout the day at Celtic Fest? Check out our volunteer website.
Final day-of schedule
- 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.: Vendor, business and activity provider setup (concourse and floor)
- 9 a.m. to noon: Soccer tournament (floor), sponsored by Hoffman United Soccer Club
- 10 a.m.: Doors open to public (main entrance)
- 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Celtic entertainment (concourse stage), sponsored by Alexian Brothers Health System
- 10:00 a.m.: Dustbunnies
- 10:45 a.m.: Rebecca McCarthy School of Irish Dance
- 11:45 a.m.: Bill O'Connor
- 12:45 p.m.: Academy of Irish Music
- 1:45 p.m.: Baal Tinne
- 2:30 p.m.: Thistle and Healther Highland Dancers
- 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Children's games (concourse), sponsored by SRI Technologies
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.: Food concessions (concourse)
- Menu includes:
- Shepherd's Pie
- Ruben fritters
- Fish & chips
- Irish burger
- Bridgeport Pasty Co. will bring their famous Pasties from Cornwall and Galway Bakers and the Sweet Spot will be back with their delicious baked goods!
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.: Market exhibitors (concourse)
- 11:20 a.m., 12:20 p.m. and 1:20 p.m.: Magic's Legacy - duck herding demonstrations (concourse)
- Noon to 5 p.m.: Beer and Scotch tasting (clubhouse), sponsored by Emmett's Brewing Company
- Noon to 5 p.m.: Top Golf Activities (floor), sponsored by SRI Technologies
- Noon to 5 p.m.: Chicago Highlanders Pipe Band (throughout the concourse)
Directions to the Sears Centre Arena
Click here for a map and directions to the arena. There is free entry and free parking.
For more information contact Sue Lessen at 847-781-2606.