This page will help you navigate through some general questions regarding the Green Business Recognition Program. If your question is not answered on this page, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact Suzanne Ostrovsky at 847-781-2609.
1. Q: What is the Green Business Recognition Program?
A: The Green Business Recognition Program (GBRP) is an education and awareness program that promotes sustainability. The GBRP is open to all businesses located within the Village of Hoffman Estates, including small and large independent business as well as shopping center tenants. Participation is 100% voluntary and free, and applications are accepted year-round.
2. Q: What kind of recognition can my business expect?
A: Opportunities for recognition include mention in the Citizen Newsletter that has a 20,000 household circulation, press releases regarding new members, website, and cable station notices. Special recognition may occur at Village events or via Village Board proclamation.
3. Q: What about levels of recognition or special category recognition?
A: At this time, recognition is at one level. The Village is considering recognition involving levels or recognition for excelling in specific areas such as materials sustainability or water conservation.
4. Q: Are businesses required to be Hoffman Estates Chamber of Commerce Members?
5. Q: How many points do we need for my business to be recognized?
A: 35 out of 100 points must be earned in any combination of categories.
6. Q: How long does the application process take?
A: At this time, the new Green Businesses are recognized by the Hoffman Estates Sustainability Commission, which meets every other month (odd months). Following the meeting where your application is discussed, you will be notified of your recognition status.
7. Q: How much does it cost to participate?
A: The Green Business Recognition Program is FREE.
8. Q: What do I do if my business does not qualify for recognition?
A: A business that does not qualify may reapply at any time. If you need assistance in meeting the category activity requirements, please inquire with staff (Suzanne Ostrovsky / 847-781-2609) about additional opportunities available to help you meet your “green” goals.
9. Q: What is the application deadline?
A: The application process is open and continual.