Alternate Crossing Guard
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$13.50 /hour
- Posted Date:10/19/2017
HOURS AND SCHEDULE
HOURS AND SCHEDULE
Alternate Crossing Guard: As needed to fill in at crossings at various school locations in Hoffman Estates including grammar school, junior high school and high school. Schedule: Monday through Friday –twice a day, a.m. and p.m. – exact times vary depending on the school.
Applicants must be 21 years of age.
Performs routine public safety work, assisting school children across the street at designated school crossings throughout the Village. Informs the Traffic Section Sergeant of any vehicles that disobey the crossing guard when stopping traffic to cross school children across the street, informs the Traffic Section Sergeant of any vehicles driving in a reckless manner, speeding or endangering the lives of the school children who are present at the school crossings.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Cross school children at designated school crossings throughout the Village.
• Reports any vehicles that disobey the crossing guard, speeding autos, vehicles driven in a reckless manner, or any vehicles that may endanger the lives of school children to the Traffic Section sergeant.
• Communicates effectively with the general public, school officials, and Village employees in the performance of crossing guard activities.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee works outdoors and is exposed to wet and/or humid weather conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, fumes or other pollutants.
• Must be able to work outside in all types of weather.
• Must be able to control and safely assist groups of children across the street using a hand-held stop sign.
High School diploma or GED required.
FOREIGN LANGUAGE SKILLS
Fluency in a foreign language is a plus
Selection procedure will include interview, criminal background investigation and drug screen/physical.
For more detailed information please refer to the job description.
Submit a resume and/or a completed Employment application to:
Village of Hoffman Estates
Human Resources Management
1900 Hassell Road
Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
e-mail to email@example.com
The Village of Hoffman Estates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable Federal, State and local laws regarding employment.
Because of the many submissions received, the Village is unable to contact all applicants. You will be contacted if you are chosen as an interview candidate for an open position.
How to Apply
All positions require a pre-employment Village-paid drug screen.
All employees must be at least 18 years of age.
The Village of Hoffman Estates Department of Human Resources Management accepts applications and resumes
Because of the many submissions received, the Village is unable to contact all applicants.
The Village of Hoffman Estates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding employment.