Recycling & Document Destruction Event
- Date: 08/19/2017
- Location: Hoffman Estates Public Works
2305 Pembroke Ave.
Hoffman Estates, Illinois 60169
Bring your recyclables to Public Works from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on August 19 for one-stop drop-offs! Open to residents of Hoffman Estates and other SWANCC communities (proof of residency is required).
Representatives from the Sustainability Commission, the Village, and SWANCC will be on hand to assist with unloading the following items:
• Up to six file-size boxes or grocery bags of paper documents per resident, to be cross-shredded on site by Accurate Document Destruction. Do not bring paper in plastic bags. Plastic, metal clips and binders should be removed.
• Expired drugs/sharps
• Fluorescent and compact fluorescent lamp (CFL) light bulbs
• Printer cartridges
• Latex (water-based) paint, with the following associated cost: quart $2, one-gallon container $3.50, two-gallon container $5, five-gallon container $10
The following electronics will also be accepted:
• Computers and computer equipment/components (e.g., cables, keyboards, mouse, etc.)
• Printers, scanners, copy machines and fax machines
• Small home appliances (e.g., toasters, blenders, etc.)
• Cell phones, PDAs and tablets
• Stereos equipment (no wood) and MP3 players
• Cameras and camcorders
• Cellphones, landline phones and answering machines
• Power tools and cords
• TVs (no wood) and VHS, DVD and CD players (no tapes or discs)
• DVRs, cable and satellite receivers, and converter boxes
• Videogame consoles